Frequently Asked Questions
What are shipping speeds?
We take about 2-7 business days to create apparel products (t-shirts, etc.) and 2-5 business days for non-apparel products (posters, etc.). Then you should add shipping times on top of that. Speed and price depends on product type and destination.
97.66% of our orders are shipped within 5 business days. More than a half of our orders are shipped within 3 business days or less.
If I choose a faster shipping rate, will you fulfill my order faster too?
Yes, that’s true! All orders shipping with the overnight delivery method for domestic orders will automatically be marked as priority in our system and bumped up in the fulfillment queue. For international shipments, orders with the express delivery method will be marked as priority.
How are your products packaged for shipment?
Because of the variety of products we fulfill, we package each item based on dimension requirements to ensure protection during shipment. Generally, posters are shipped in kraft tube boxes with plastic end caps. Canvases are usually shipped in corrugated boxes, ranging in dimensions of 26x20x18 to 28×5.5×38. Frames are first wrapped in tissue paper to protect them from scratches and are then wrapped in a layer of adhesive bubble wrap. Finally, they are wrapped in a thicker, more durable bubble wrap that will add extra protection during shipment.
Does Hello Levels ship internationally?
No, we don’t ship to some countries because of legal restrictions or shipping carrier limitations. For now, Hello Levels doesn’t ship orders to Crimea, Cuba, Iran, Syria and North Korea. This list may change periodically.
We ship internationally to all other countries!
How are the canvases made?
They are printed on a satin finish canvas and hand stretched.
Do all items in orders always ship together?
Each item we ship may have different delivery times. This is because some products are packaged and shipped separately. E.g. we send our posters in super-durable tubes. Obviously, a canvas won’t fit in there.
Are your products eco-friendly?
We try to do our best to minimize waste in packaging and source eco-friendly packaging materials. Many of our packaging materials are either recyclable or biodegradable. Bubble wraps are made from a minimum of 15% recycled plastic and 10% post-consumer content. Our kraft tubes are made from 70-100% post-consumer recycled content and 0-30% secondary recycled content.
Why am I being charged tax?
We are legally required to charges three different types of taxes:
- Sales tax on some orders going to the US
- VAT (value-added tax) on some orders going to the EU
- GST (goods and services tax) to all orders going to Australia.
Why is my shipping label in euros?
We normally print shipping labels in USD. But for orders fulfilled in Europe, we print the value in euros so it’s easier to go through customs checkpoints and mail sorting centers within Europe.
How should I wash my printed garments?
In order for you to prolong the life of your printed merchs, we suggest following the care instructions below:
Machine wash cold, inside-out, gentle cycle with mild detergent and similar colors. Use non-chlorine bleach, only when necessary. No fabric softeners. Tumble dry low, or hang-dry for longest life. Cool iron inside-out if necessary. Do not iron decoration. Do not dry clean.
Be wary of washing and drying on a high setting, especially when the garment is 100% cotton. High-temperature washes can fade and crack the print, and a high-temperature dryer settings can shrink the garment, as well as damage the print.
Sublimation apparel can be washed at any temperature setting without affecting quality. But we recommend washing with like colors, as the polyester fabric may make colors run. High temperatures during washing and drying may shrink the fabric.
We use the latest direct-to-garment (DTG) printing technology to offer a wide variety of printable garments and design color options at an affordable price. The DTG ink in this process is different from the ink screen printers use.
How does shipping work for products fulfilled in Mexico?
Products that are fulfilled in Mexico actually ship out from the US.
We transport all orders to a distribution center in San Diego, and then they’re shipped out from there. For that reason, we can offer the same shipping rates as we do in LA.
The only exception is that we don’t offer overnight shipping from Mexico.
How do taxes and customs work for orders in Mexico?
Orders fulfilled in Mexico may be charged taxes, but they won’t be charged customs duties.
We transport all orders fulfilled in Mexico to a distribution center in San Diego, and we ship them out from there. Since products are technically shipped from the US, they won’t be charged customs, but will be charged tax.
What is the GSM weight of your paper and specs?
Basis Weight: 192 g/m2
Media Thickness: 10.3 mil (0.26 mm)
ISO Brightness: 104%
What do product availability statuses mean?
There are three availability statuses that you can find for each product on our products and pricing page:
- In stock
- Stocked on demand
- Out of stock
The statuses are here to help you decide which products to buy and which colors are currently unavailable (out of stock). It’s always safest to choose garments that are in stock. But don’t be alarmed by the “stocked on demand” tag. It simply means that these colors get delivered to us when necessary. It usually doesn’t affect fulfillment times.
There’s always stock for the most popular colors and sizes, but others are ordered on demand. If a product variant is not available, it’ll show up as “out of stock”.
We update product availability info regularly and it can be used as a point of reference to help you decide which products you should add to your collection.
Where are returns sent?
Packages sent out from our US fulfillment centers are returned to our Charlotte facility. Westlake Drive, Charlotte, NC.
Meanwhile, packages sent out from our Europe location are automatically returned to our Europe fulfillment center. Riga, Latvia, EU.
Do Hello Levels's product prices include tax?
No, the prices you see on Hello Levels’s product pages don’t include applicable tax or shipping. The final price you pay will be different from the listed price.
Why don't canvases ship to Australia?
In order to protect its ecosystem from invasive foreign species, Australia has strict laws for what can be imported into the country. Wood products are especially regulated as they can contain timber borers, insect pests, bark, and other potential biohazards.
The regulations and treatment processes for importing wooden products into Australia are incredibly difficult to maintain, so for that reason we do not ship canvases there.
Click here to learn more about Australia’s import requirements and regulations.
Where can I find the tracking information for my orders?
All tracking numbers can be found in the shipping notification emails we send out, as well as next to orders in your Hello Levels Account. Tracking numbers generate when a shipping label is printed at our facility – keep in mind the tracking information may not reflect any action for up to 24 hours after a label has been printed.
If it has been more than 24 hours since you received a shipping notification and the tracking still reflects no action or movement, contact us at email@example.com
What if the product is damaged in the mail?
If something arrives damaged, send a photo of the damaged goods to firstname.lastname@example.org, then we’ll gladly send a replacement at no cost to you.
How can I check the status of an order?
From your Hello Levels Account you will see your order history under “Orders.” When choosing a specific order, a new window will appear with additional details. Here you will find your order status.
Your order will reflect one of the following statuses:
- Being Fulfilled – Your order is ready for fulfillment and the process has begun. Estimated time for completion will show in the status bar. Typically fulfillment time is 2-7 business days.
- Canceled – Your order was canceled. Click “Copy order” to resubmit a matching order.
- Draft – Your order has not yet been confirmed or completed. Click “Confirm order” to finish submitting it.
- Failed – Your order was imported as a draft because payment failed. Viewing the order will show the reason payment failed.
- Fulfilled – Your order got packaged and is ready to go! The Tracking Info button should appear next to your shipment information and if the level of service selected for shipping included tracking your updates should go live within 24 hours. You will receive a notification from us once the order has left our building.
- On Hold – Your order has been placed on hold. This is usually due to an item being out of stock or other potential issues that we need to address with you. Check the hold notes for details on what we need from you. Contact us if you have any questions.
- Partially Fulfilled – Your order may contain products that do not ship together. In this case, you may see the order as partially fulfilled. This means some portion of your overall order is already complete and we are still working on another shipment in that same order. You will see tracking information for any packages that have already been shipped out.
- Returned – Your order was returned to a Hello Levels facility. Check the return notes to confirm the reason.
- Waiting for fulfillment – Your order was submitted and received by Hello Levels and is waiting for the fulfillment process to begin.
Why is my order on hold?
Why do we hold orders?
We may occasionally place your order on hold due to print issues, security concerns, address confirmation and similar. Essentially – whenever we need to verify something with you or require changes to the order.
How are holds removed?
Once you’ve updated your order, we need to go back and review it before the hold can be removed. This is to avoid repeated holds in case the update didn’t go through or there are more issues.
In some cases (typically for minor issues) we may let you remove the hold yourself – in that case you’ll see a ”remove hold” button (next to orders details in Hello Levels Account).
What should I do after my order is placed on hold?
- Open your order (or hold email) and read the message.
- If an update is required – make the necessary changes to your order, then request hold removal. This will send us a notification that your order is ready for review.
- If an update is not required or you wish to proceed as is – simply respond to the original hold email letting us know about your decision.
- Once our team has reviewed the order, we’ll release the hold or get in touch with you for further confirmation.
Note: you can’t request to ‘proceed as is’ for all hold types. For example, holds relating to print, inside information, security.
What is Proposition 65, and how does it affect me?
Proposition 65 is a law that requires all businesses to provide warnings to customers in California about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth effects, or other reproductive harm.
These are the Hello Levels products that contain the chemicals on the list:
- All-Over Print Premium Pillow and Pillow Case. These products can expose you to chemicals including Abiraterone acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. The chemical is used to make the pillow fabric water-resistant, so the pillows could be used outdoors. If you don’t plan to use the pillows outdoors, you can choose our All-Over Print Basic Pillows and Pillow Cases that are made from a different fabric which doesn’t contain the chemicals.
- Posters and framed posters. These products can expose you to chemicals including Carbon-black extracts, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Any Hello Levels shipment with these products going to a destination in California includes a warning on the packing slip, notifying the recipient of the presence and potential effects of these chemicals.